The Higher Education Commission has announced HEC Under Graduate Scholarship 2022 for Gilgit-Baltistan students to study at Pakistan’s top universities/institutions. Students who plan to pursue an undergraduate program (4- or 5-year BS program) at an HEC-accredited public university/degree-awarding institution (DAI) are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarships are offered for the 2022-23 academic year in all areas of study/disciplines under the Undergraduate Scholarships Program for Students in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan’s Top Universities/Institutions (Batch-lI) project increase. Applications can be submitted by October 24, 2022. Qualified candidates can apply on the HEC Portal. Paper applications will not be accepted. Applicants must apply through the website. The application fee must be transferred to your HEC account.
HEC Under Graduate Scholarship 2022
|Department Name:||Higher Education Commission|
|Program Name:||Under graduate|
|Closing Date:||24 October, 2022|
- Tuition fees, dormitory fees and other expenses – up to 240,000 per year
- 15,000 monthly stipend
- 30,000 per year books and travel allowance
Eligibility Criteria for scholarship:
- Applicants must have a Gilgit-Baltistan residency/locality.
- Applicants must have completed a High School Certificate (SSC) and/or Senior High School Certificate (HSSC) and/or However, preference will be given to students who have passed/completed SSC/HSSC or the Gilgit-Baltistan equivalent.
- Applicants who have benefited from another scholarship are not eligible.
- Candidates can apply to any public /base in Pakistan. However, any costs in excess of those listed in PC-1 will be borne by the student.
- The maximum age limit is 22 on the closing Candidates will need to meet the HEC and university criteria for admission to the BS programmes.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their aptitude test scores (conducted by the Educational Examinations Council, HEC) and academic credentials.Applicants must score at least 50% on the test.
- Students enrolled in a BS training program at universities/public sector institutions prior to notice (up to one academic year/course) can also apply.
- The allocation of scholarships will be made without regard to gender, caste, race and religion.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Applicants must submit their application online at the link given in portal.
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any time without giving a
- Applicants must deposit Rs 500/- (non-refundable) as application fee to Account 17427900133401, Habib Bank Ltd, SRC H-9 Branch, Islamabad and must upload scanned/photocopy of receipt online bank at the time of application.
- Candidates are encouraged to check their email and the HEC website regularly for any updates and are expected to submit their applications well before the closing door for assistance in case of inconvenience.