Here you will get details about travel insurance. Also the details about travel medical insurance as well as travel medical insurance available here. It is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation. Traveling insurance also refers to lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling. Travel insurance can usually be arranged at the time of the booking of a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip.
Mostly credit card issuers offer automatic insurance if travel arrangements are paid for using their credit cards. In some cases policies of credit cards are generic and particular care must be taken to take into account personal requirements. There are many travel insurance policies available in the market place.
The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance plans are:
- Medical treatment, including transportation to the medical facility.
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption.
- This section covers any unused travel and or accommodation costs, pre-paid charges (including any additional travel expenses incurred, provided they are deemed reasonable and necessary) if a trip is canceled or cut short under a variety of circumstances, which may include any of the following, depending on the policy:
- death, bodily injury, illness, disease, or pregnancy complications
- compulsory quarantine
- jury service
- being called as a witness.
Some travel policies will also provide cover for additional costs, although these vary widely between providers. Almost $2 billion in travel insurance is sold each year. Furthermore, often separate insurance can be purchased for specific costs. Insurance for traveling can also provide helpful services, often 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that can include concierge services and emergency travel assistance. Pre-existing medical conditions must be declared prior to the trip start date. Generally, most countries where you are applying for a visa are likely to also require a minimum level of traveling insurance.