Check all the details about Orange Line Stops from here. Lahore is second largest city of Pakistan. It is a center of culture and heritage of Pakistan. People from all around the Pakistan as well as from the outer world visit this historical city to observe the culture and customs of its natives. This city has unmatchable value for its citizens as well as the people of Punjab because it is the capital of Punjab. Its estimated population is 8 million and increasing day by day.
It was a thoroughly distinct task to provide sufficient transport facilities to the people of this city so that they can travel easily and comfortably and furthermore the purpose of thinking or designing a long term mass transit plane to overcome the problems of the residents of Lahore about traffic block as well as wastage of time. First in 2007 this mass transit plane was design by the government of that time with the help of many competent international firms so that the problem of traffic as well as transport for the people of Lahore may be solves or even minimized.
Orange Line Stops
This plane of orange line stops was based upon following consistencies.
· Green Line (MRT) – Ferozepur Road/ Mall Road/ Ravi Road/ Shahdara (Commissioned as BRT for Operation on February 10, 2013)
· Orange Line Metro Rapid Transit (MRT) – Raiwind Road/ Multan Road/ Mcleod Road/ Railway Station/ GT Road
· Blue Line (MRT) – Township/ Gulberg Boulevard/ Jail Road
· Purple Line (MRT) – Bhatti Gate/ Allama Iqbal Road/ Airport
This was kept in mind while designing this plane that it should touch all the major parts of the city so that people can move from and to where they want. The Orange Line metro feasibility study was done by the Consultant MVA Asia Ltd. in year 2007 for 27 km route. The study was updated by NESPAK in 2014 through Addendum to the Feasibility Study. The Lahore orange train starts from Ali Town on Raiwind Road and terminates at Dera Gujran. The alignment follows the Multan Road corridor from Thokar Niaz Baig up to Chauburji, then via Lake Road, Mcleod Road, Nicholson Road to the main Railway Crossing to reach GT Road and follows GT Road till interchange of Lahore Ring Road. Orange line metro map design by international company.
The orange metro line project cost is USD 1478.18 Million (exculsive of Contingencies). Total number of orange train stations are 26. Orange train Lahore was operational in May 2018. All the details about metro train are also available on orange train Lahore official website.
Orange Line Stops / Stations
The features of the Lahore Orange Line Metro Train project are as follows:
· Total length: 27.1 Km (Cut & Cover section: 1.72 Km; Elevated: 25.4)
· Total Stations: 26 (Elevated stations: 24 & Cut & Cover stations: 02)
· Rolling Stock Requirement – 27 Train sets at the start of operations
· Ridership: 245,000 passengers per day