Young women can now apply for a Women in STEM grant from the British Council to study for a Masters’s degree in STEM subjects at 21 prestigious UK universities. The award is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
This scholarship programme was started by the British Council in collaboration with 21 UK universities. Women from the Americas, South Asia, East Asia, western Balkans, central Asia, Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, and Turkey are the main beneficiaries of the scholarship programme. Women with STEM backgrounds who are able to prove their need for financial assistance and who want to encourage younger generations of women to pursue STEM careers.
Eligibility criteria for the Women in STEM Scholarship
Candidates who are female and meet the requirements can apply for a British Council Women in STEM scholarship to study at prestigious UK universities.
- Able to begin studying in the UK in September or October 2023 through 2024.
requiring financial assistance
- 16 years of undergraduate study or the last three years of a doctoral programme (for Early Academic Fellowships)
- proficiency in English
- They have relevant work experience, show a keen interest in the subject, and are eager to contribute as dedicated British Council scholarship alumni.
British Council Scholarship for Young Women in STEM Fields covers
- Tuition fees
- Travel costs
- Visa and health coverage fees
- Special support for mothers
- English language support
How to apply for the Women in STEM Scholarship
- Direct applications must be made to the partner universities by interested candidates. On the website of the British Council, you can see the list of partner universities. One can submit an application to many universities.
- Check the deadline for your desired institution and submit your application on time as each university will have a different deadline.